If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Follow Us

If you are planning on traveling internationally with your pet, please contact the Broad River Animal Hospital as soon as you know your pet's travel plans; some countries require preparation as much as 6 months in advance. Dr Sarah Donovan, our USDA accredited veterinarian, will check the requirements for your destination and set up a plan with you to insure you have all the proper requirements for travel.  Any of our doctors can help you with a health certificate for travel within the United States. Most other countries now have a veterinary health certificate that is specific to their country; many have changed their requirements in the past few years. You will need to check your airline's requirements concerning health and acclimation certificates and pet carriers or crates. If we do not have your pet's vaccination records, we will need printed documentation to fill out any forms. Original rabies certificates are always required to accompany health certificates.  Microchip identification is required for international travel; Broad River Animal Hospital uses Home Again International microchips.

We will need the following information to process your required paperwork and insure your pet is ready for travel. Please fill out the International Health Certificate Form on our website and it will automatically be emailed to Dr Frazier for processing.

For more information:

Home Again  For more information about international microchips and lost pet information.
World Care Pet Transport - local (Darien, CT) pet relocation service